FIRM Foundation – Mission Statement
The FIRM Foundation (Foundation for Indigenous Research and Mormonism) is an organization dedicated to showing forth evidence for the Book of Mormon in order to provide LDS Church members with well-researched information enabling them to powerfully and respectfully defend its historicity and thus its truthfulness – with the ultimate goal of bringing people unto Christ.
FIRM Foundation – Goals
- to bring people to Christ through evidence of the Book of Mormon that causes them to realize that it is a literal historical and prophetic account of real people and events thereby encouraging them to read, study and ponder the book – which ultimately builds and strengthens testimonies of its truthfulness through the Holy Spirit,
- to utilize the prophecies and promises in the Book of Mormon to increase awareness and understanding of the ancient prophetic history that took place in a long established covenanted and promised land – which today is found within the borders of the nation-state called The United States of America,
- to conduct research in a multiplicity of scientific and scholarly fields of endeavor which may provide secular support for the historicity of the Book of Mormon – including, but not limited to such disciplines as genetics, archaeology, climatology, anthropology, history, religion, geography, linguistics, mythology, meteorology, astronomy, metallurgy, architecture, ancient texts, Jewish customs, zoology, agronomy, oceanography, geophysics, etc.,
- to correlate, publish and offer through our bookstore works of LDS scholars and researchers involving the Heartland Book of Mormon Geography Model and related research in support of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, and the gospel of Jesus Christ,
- to produce, provide and encourage well-researched articles , papers, books, films, newsletters and presentations in support of the Book of Mormon through the Heartland Model,
- to create one or more online repositories of knowledge, research and educational materials pertaining to evidence of the Book of Mormon’s historicity through the Heartland Model,
- to organize, conduct and sponsor events such as presentations, symposiums, firesides, webinars, and conferences providing educational opportunities for all interested,
- to objectively evaluate and review the assertions, articles, books, films, speeches and conferences of individuals or organizations promoting the plethora of Book of Mormon historical settings, and when said research is critical of the Heartland Model, to correct erroneous, unfounded, misrepresented, ill-conceived or poorly researched information as it pertains the Heartland Model through dispassionate instruction and education in a respectful and Christ-like manner that seeks to avoid confrontation and contention,
- to provide further on-location educational opportunities through travel and tours to visit proposed Book of Mormon sites and museums in conjunction with Church History and United States history,
- to provide forums (blog, Facebook, etc.) where responsible scholars, researchers, and interested individuals can discuss and present ideas and discoveries consistent with the Heartland Model setting for the Book of Mormon, and
- to organize and engage the many thousands of volunteers who have offered to help with this research and organization.
Rod L. Meldrum is a researcher, best-selling LDS author, and international lecturer on the validity of the Book of Mormon with an emphasis on its scriptural and physical evidences. His book titled, “Exploring the Book of Mormon in America’s Heartland” is the #1 LDS Book about Book of Mormon geography with over 40,000 printed.
Mr. Meldrum has now combined this best-selling LDS book on geography, with the complete text of the Book of Mormon, making this new volume an inspiring book to own! Exciting new archaeology and information is being discovered regularly. Rod and his co-editor David R. Hocking have now compiled a fantastic new book called “Annotated Edition of the Book of Mormon”. The first printing of 5,000 was sold quickly in September of 2018. A new printing of 10,000 will be delivered in December 2018. In this 600-page volume is the entire text of the Book of Mormon (1920 Version) and interspersed throughout are evidences, artifacts, pictures, maps and prophetic statements about the “Most correct book”, even the Book of Mormon.
He has also written a book titled “Prophecies and Promises; The Book of Mormon and the USA.” This book outlines the 36 Prophecies and Promises that clearly identify the United States as the location of the ‘Promised Land’ of the Latter-days. It has been called a “stunning” new insight on geography research and provides historical evidence that documents containing Joseph Smith’s words, writings, and actions were consistent with the prophecies & promises of the Book of Mormon. He also served for seven years as the senior scientific researcher on the book titled, “Universal Model” by Dean Sessions, a natural sciences textbook. The first volume of over 800 pages was printed in April 2017 and volume two will be printed soon with volume three to follow. It’s over 2,500 pages of “New Millennial Science.”
He began his study of issues surrounding the controversy over DNA and the Book of Mormon in 2003 which led to a study of the origins of proposed geographical settings of the Book of Mormon. In addition, he has spent years of intensive study of the Book of Mormon itself and the historical background and documents associated with it.
Mr. Meldrum has given several hundred presentations across the United States, Canada and internationally and has shared his research and findings in support of the Book of Mormon and the gospel of Jesus Christ with hundreds of thousands of members and non-members alike. Mr. Meldrum has been conducting tours to the Heartland of America since 2010, educating guests at museums, sacred native American sites, and other archaeological sites dating to the time period of the Book of Mormon.
He founded his organization, The FIRM Foundation (Foundation for Indigenous Research and Mormonism), in 2008 which today comprises ten boards with more than 200 board members and over 40,000 LDS newsletter recipients. The FIRM Foundation sponsors two International Book of Mormon Evidence Expos and Conferences annually with additional regional conferences and events throughout the country and around the world bringing together dozens of the top LDS speakers for thousands of Latter-day Saints and others.
Mr. Meldrum’s research has blessed and enhanced the lives of thousands and increased their faith in the divine authenticity of the Book of Mormon, the prophetic role of the Prophet Joseph Smith, and a renewed understanding of the sacred covenants with God on His Promised Lands.
He and his wife, Tonya, are the parents of four children. He is a fifth-generation active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, served a mission in Milan, Italy, has served faithfully in many church leadership callings, and currently lives in Provo, Utah.
All opinions, speakers and presenters represent and express their own individual opinions, and not necessarily the opinions of FIRM Foundation, Book of Mormon Evidence, or it’s employees, and no information or opinions represent the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The owner and employees of this site are members of the LDS Church and in good standing.